0 Comments for this article

Tags:

EAST RIDGE, Tennessee (WDEF) – The East Ridge Fire Department responded to a house fire just after midnight at 5901 Welworth Avenue.

The fire was out by the time they arrived.

But a resident was suffering from burns to his body.

He was taken to Erlanger, where is condition is unknown at this hour.

Investigators found that the victim had been cooking and had a grease fire on the stove.

The occupant tried to put it out with water, which gave him the burns.

No one else was injured and there was just minor damage to the home.

Related Videos

Comment on this Story