0 Comments for this article

Tags:

NEWNAN, Georgia (WDEF) – Police have a warning for parents following an accidental shooting in Georgia over the weekend.

A mother and her three children were eating lunch at a restaurant in Newnan on Sunday when the infant snuck out his mother’s gun and fired it.

The 9 mm handgun had it in a holster that was held in place by a screw.

It was actually the screw that hit 11 year old girl in the leg.

She had surgery to remove it but was in stable condition at the hospital.

Police warn parents that the handgun didn’t have a proper safety device, so it should never have been around kids.

They say the two year old unzipped mom’s purse while she wasn’t looking, then got into a small compartment inside where the gun was tucked.

Related Videos

Comment on this Story