Chattanooga family of six displaced by fire

Reported by: Erik Avanier
Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Share
Updated: 6/23/2013 11:53 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee(WDEF) -  A family of six is lucky to be alive after a fire ripped through their home.

It happened around 5:40 Sunday morning on the 3600 block of Sapulpa Street.

Investigators say when crews arrived, the bulk of the flames was found in a laundry room and was quickly spreading to other rooms and the roof
    
Crews were able to save most of the house but the damages are estimated to be around $25,000.
    
According to investigators, the fire appears to have started in or around the clothes dryer.

The American Red Cross is providing assistance to the family.

Share
0 Comment(s)
Comments: Show | Hide

Here are the most recent story comments.View All

No comments yet!
 
Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.