Family Moves In, New Home Catches Fire

Reported by: Caitlyn Jones

Edited by: Caitlyn Jones
Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Share
Updated: 6/06/2013 9:24 am
        The Sveadas family started moving into their new home on Signal Mountain at 5:00 and by 10:00 they were dealing with a house fire.
        The couple was putting their two sons to bed when they smelled burning late last night.
        Emergency Management spokesperson Amy Maxwell said the fire started in the back of the house as an electrical fire.
        The family tried to put it out themselves but were unsuccessful.
        The Waldens Ridge Fire department responded quickly and was able to put the fire out before it spread to the rest of the house.
        "They were able to extinguish it to eliviate from traveling into the attic area and going throughout the whole entire house.  This was a very large home.  So it really could've gotten bad without the quick work of these volunteer firefighters.  They did an excellent job of containing the fire to the living room area," said Maxwell.
The fire caused about 50 thousand dollars worth of damage and the family did have insurance on the house.
The family is closing on their old house on Friday so they'll be staying there while they get the wiring checked out in their new home.

Share
0 Comment(s)
Comments: Show | Hide

Here are the most recent story comments.View All

No comments yet!
 
Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.