Soddy Daisy triple shooting leaves one dead

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Updated: 6/30/2014 10:09 am
SODDY DAISY, TN (WDEF-TV) A triple shooting in Soddy Daisy leaves one dead and two others injured. It happened around six Sunday morning in the Mimosa Trailer Park.

Police have Jeremy Ritchie in Custody as a suspect.

Residents in this trailer park are a shocked by what happened in the area they live, and one of them witnessed the mayhem.

"I come outside, and I see a gentleman with a shotgun shooting a trailer,” said a witness who does not want to be identified.

The shotgun shells made large bullet holes through the trailer hitting three victims inside, and the noise it made confused some of the neighbors.

"It sounded like something was beating on a shed,” said neighbor Angela Womble. “It stopped. I laid back down and heard it again. I thought about going outside to see what it was, but I didn't, and I'm glad I didn't."

She's also lucky, because that noise wasn't something beating on a shed or even fireworks like many here in the Mimosa Trailer Park believed.

The eye-witness said he thought it was fireworks himself, but saw with his eyes what was really going on at his neighbor home.

"I looked out the window and that's when I saw the actual gunshot go off out of the end of the gun into the trailer,” said the witness.

Once the suspect left the witness says he jumped into action to help his friends.

"I immediately run over there, and hollered at them and asked it they were ok, and they said they needed help that they've been shot,” the witness continued. “I mean yeah it's scary, but when you know the people it's happening to a different mindset sets in. Help them doing anything you can to help them.”

All three victims were transported to Erlanger Hospital, but one of them, 40-year-old Crystal Perry died.

The witness has no clue why this happened to this family.

The witness said, "They're good people. [They’ve] never done nothing to nobody to deserve this, not nothing."

Neighbors also told us that a 9-year-old boy was in that home during the shooting but made it out unharmed. He ran to his grandmother’s home which was just down the street.

The conditions or names of the other two victims are still unknown at this time.

0 Comment(s)
Comments: Show | Hide

Here are the most recent story comments.View All

No comments yet!
Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.