Roasted Eggplant with Herbs
Yield: 6 servings
6 babyor 4 smalleggplants (about 1¼ to 1¾ pounds)
4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
½ teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt fine ground
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
½ cup chopped fresh basil
1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Cut each eggplant into ¼-inch slices, cutting to, but not through, stem end.
3. Fan eggplants, and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
4. Brush 2 tablespoons oil evenly over eggplant slices. Bake for 15 minutes.
5. Remove from oven. Press eggplants gently to fan slices. Brush eggplants with 1½ tablespoons oil. Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until flesh is tender and edges are browned and slightly crisp.
6. Remove from oven. Brush remaining ½ tablespoon oil evenly over eggplants; sprinkle with herbs.
Nutrient Information per serving
102 calories, 9.2 grams fat (1.3 grams saturated), 0 mg cholesterol, 194 mg sodium, 5.7 grams carbohydrate (3.4 grams fiber), 1.1 grams protein