Hundreds of cleaning products, common drugs and plants, insecticides, and automotive products can be hazardous to animals. Severe cases of poisoning require immediate action. Therefore, pet owners are advised to keep the number of the Animal Poison Control Center or ASPCA (A-S-P-C-A) by their phone. This emergency line is answered 24 hours a day and can assist you if your local veterinarian's office is closed. Signs that may indicate poisoning include persistent vomiting or diarrhea, constipation, trembling, staggering, seizures, visual problems, depression, or drooling. If the poison contacted the skin or fur, flush the area with running water, then get medical attention. For poisons that are eaten or swallowed, the treatment may depend on the poison involved. Try to locate the container, plant, or other substance that may have made your pet sick, then call Poison Control or your veterinarian right away. If any material was vomited or chewed, scoop it into a plastic bag. Take all related items with you to the veterinarian. If you suspect your animal has ingested serious toxins like antifreeze or rat poison, see a veterinarian right away, even if the pet doesn't appear ill.