Chattanooga family of six displaced by fire

Reported by: Erik Avanier
Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Updated: 6/23/2013 11:53 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee(WDEF) -  A family of six is lucky to be alive after a fire ripped through their home.

It happened around 5:40 Sunday morning on the 3600 block of Sapulpa Street.

Investigators say when crews arrived, the bulk of the flames was found in a laundry room and was quickly spreading to other rooms and the roof
Crews were able to save most of the house but the damages are estimated to be around $25,000.
According to investigators, the fire appears to have started in or around the clothes dryer.

The American Red Cross is providing assistance to the family.

0 Comment(s)
Comments: Show | Hide

Here are the most recent story comments.View All

No comments yet!
Featured Partners
Experience Baylor summer camp - a 70 year tradition of summer fun and adventure. What are you waiting for? Make the most of summer by signing up today!
Get started at $79.99 a month for 12 months. Plus, get a $75 VISA® Prepaid card.
Register now for St. Nicholas summer camp whose mission & purpose is to provide a fun learning experience for children, developing physical, cultural, social and intellectual abilities.
Click here to enter for your chance to win a Bojangles Breakfast Combo. Then, watch WDEF News 12 This Morning for daily winner announcements!
Supermarket Guru
From The Archives
Scenic City Roots
Through Irish Eyes
Brand News
Prime Mashup
What's Trending
Stay Connected with WDEF News 12
Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.