Aleah Walker instantly called 911 as soon as her neighbor here on Orchard Knob Avenue could get these words out.
Walker adds, "She said the stove just blew up in my baby's face."
The 16-year-old's hands were blistering and peeling to the point where she could not get her rings off.
Walker says, "Like the blister had popped out and the rings were inside her skin."
First and second degree burns also covered her wrist and leg.
Accoridng to Walker, "She looked scared, real scared like she was about to die even though she was still there talking and stuff."
The teenager was flown to the Burn Center in Augusta, Georgia.
Walker adds, "She got 10 percent of her body burned, but other than that I heard she's doing ok."
Walker says the teen was trying to warm up a pot of grease, but it caught on fire.
After she tried to put it out with water, flames shot everywhere.
Bruce Garner, with the Chattanooga Fire Department, says, "I can say we've had several kitchen grease fires in the past six months or so in which people have been severely burned."
Like Morgan Orrick.
The 15-year-old Soddy Daisy teenager made the same mistake last April.
Instead of smothering a grease fire, she tried to put it out with water.
Walker adds, "I'm not going to lie, I would have put water on it."
However, Walker says she will not make that mistake in the future.
According to Garner, "Get the lid and gently slide it over the top of the pan and then move it off the eye of the stove, and then turn the stove off."
A tough lesson painfully learned.
The cause of the fire will be ruled accidental.
Damages are estimated at around $2,000.