Chattanooga Teen Burned in Grease Fire

A weekend grease fire gets the blame for first and second degree burns on a Chattanooga teenager. The 16-year-old is now at the Burn Center in Augusta, Georgia. WDEF News 12's Alisha Searl caught up with a neighbor who saw first-hand how cooking dinner last night turned into a recipe for disaster.

Click here to read the full story.

Post a Comment
 

 
Comments
jmrtsus - 6/17/2013 5:58 PM
0 Votes
The Fire department said "to cover the pot, then MOVE it, THEN turn off the stove??? Why would you not turn off the stove BEFORE you attempt to move it??? I think your "fireman" got confused, it is extreamly dangerous to try to move a pot of burning hot grease ON A STOVE that is still on! One splill and you will go up in flames! PLEASE get correct info out to people before they try this.....
Featured Partners
www.eastridgeretirementcenter.com
The newly modeled East Ridge Residence is a must see with its spacious comfortable apartments. Plus, 3 delicious meals daily, geriatric physician, home healthcare services and fun festive activities. Schedule your visit today!
www.ameripriseadvisors.com/james.m.scotchie
Together we can make a confident retirement possible. Simply click to get started with your private wealth advisor. Talk to Jimmy Scotchie, Certified Financial Planner.
www.comcast.com/cable-internet-packages.html
Get started at $79.99 a month for 12 months. Plus, get a $75 VISA® Prepaid card.
 
Supermarket Guru
From The Archives
Scenic City Roots
Through Irish Eyes
Brand News
Prime Mashup
What's Trending
Megan Wise Goes Outside
Stay Connected with WDEF News 12
 
Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.