CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee(WDEF) - A family of six is lucky to be alive after a fire ripped through their home.
It happened around 5:40 Sunday morning on the 3600 block of Sapulpa Street.
Investigators say when crews arrived, the bulk of the flames was found in a laundry room and was quickly spreading to other rooms and the roof
Crews were able to save most of the house but the damages are estimated to be around $25,000.
According to investigators, the fire appears to have started in or around the clothes dryer.
The American Red Cross is providing assistance to the family.