DALTON, GA, (WDEF)-Danny Lanyon took his family to this McDonalds and claims his son ended up playing with a syringe.
"he picked it up off the floor and he walked up to us and showed us that he had a needle in his hand"
Now his 3 year old son has to receive checkups every three months for hepatitis and HIV.
"That extra two minutes is not going to hurt you to walk over and to check to make sure that there's nothing there before they sit down"
Mary Shimko operations manager for Dalton McDonalds issued this report to news 12 just a few hours ago.
"the safety of our customers especially children is of utmost importance to us. We have launched a thorough investigation and are working with local law enforcement officials to learn exactly what happened"
Experienced Erlanger Paediatric doctor, Kaukab Naseer says children finding needles is now less common than it used to be.
"It has happened quiet often, lately it has decreased significantly in the last 7 or 8 years it has been rare"
He says in most situations where children find needles it's because they fall from a pocket or handbag.
"Use a needle for their diabetic shots or some other medicine at home and they had the needle or syringe in their pocket or purse and it feel down by accident that happens, in the parks, cinema seat, taxis"
Medical Waste officials in Tennessee and Georgia told us needle cutters or proper puncture proof bags or boxes should have been used.
They added staff need to be trained to deal with this situation in restaurants and bars.