OOLTEWAH, Tennessee -(WDEF) Tri-community volunteer firefighters had their hands full battling a blaze that nearly destroyed this home on the 54-hundred block of Country Village Dr.
Fire investigators say the blaze started after the home owner reportedly tossed a lit cigarette into a plastic container. Before long, flames were shooting through the front porch roof.
A next door neighbor walked out her house only to find a wall of flames on the front lawn next door.
"I got scared because my house is right next door but that's all I saw and I just thought they were never going to put it out," said Marguerite Miller.
The fire marshall said the evidence of what started the fire combined with the home owners statements will allow the fire to be ruled an accident.