It's the sound of hope and survival. A thousand pairs of feet pounding the pavement in search of a cure.
"One in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime and men can get breast cancer to, so we just wanted to do what we can to get everybody behind the fight so that we can accomplish our goals of being free of breast cancer," says Anita Stewart, Mission Specialist for Susan G. Komen, Chattanooga.
Joan Teems is a three and a half year breast cancer survior hoping to inspire with her story.
"The first thing I did when I got diagnosed was go on the internet and one of the first sites I came to was the Susan Komen website and just to see that there are survivors there, the fear that I was feeling went away, encouragement and hope became my future."
It's an ordeal that affects everyone around them.
"My mom was going through breast cancer. I was there to hold her hand to change her drains, just do anything that I could to show her that I loved her and supported her. So really when someone is diagnosed with breast cancer the whole family is diagnosed with breast cancer because you all really go through it together," says Mollie Surratt, daughter of breast cancer survivor Lori Allen.
Today's event figured to raise over 10 thousand dollars for the fight, and bring hope to others.
"75 percent of all Komen dollars stay in the community where they were raised. They go out in the form of diagnostics, screening, education. The other 25 percent is managed nationally for research."
Teems wants others to know, help, and hope is on the way.
"Find a support group, contact Susan B. Komen group and don't be negative be positive because a cure is on it's way."