Candles Cause Fire that Displaces Chattanooga Family

28stfire

Fire on the 2100 block of East 28th Street. (Courtesy: Chattanooga Fire Department)

CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (WDEF)- A house fire overnight Friday, May 6, 2022 has displaced a family in Chattanooga according to the Chattanooga Fire Department. This fire occurred on the 2100 block of East 28th Street in East Chattanooga. The fire department says that this fire was caused by candles, although the nature of how the candle or candles started the fire is unknown at this time.

There were three people inside of the home at the time of the fire, one adult and two children. They were able to safely escape.

Significant damage to the interior of the home was reported by the fire department. The Red Cross is assisting the family at this time.

Categories: Chattanooga, Featured, Local News