Good and Bad ideas for coping with the cold
Beware the fumes from an emergency generator
CHATTANOOGA (WDEF) – If you are new to a house, there are several tips you should heed during an extreme cold spell like we’re going to see tonight.
— trickle water from your faucet
— open cabinet drawers around your pipes to let the heat circulate around them
— don’t plug space heaters into power strips that tend to overheat, plug into the wall
But Rick Boatwright with the Chattanooga Fire Department has one message he wants us to share with everyone.
DON’T BRING YOUR GENERATOR INSIDE!
The danger is carbon monoxide fumes from the fuel the generator burns to give you power.
Leave it outside and use an extension cord to bring in the electricity.
Don’t even put it in your garage.