Gov. Lee announces Bill Dance Signature Lakes program
The lakes include Chickamauga, Fall Creek Falls and Tims Ford in our region
NASHVILLE, Tennessee (WDEF) – The State of Tennessee is teaming up with legendary fisherman Bill Dance for a foundation to improve lake quality across the state.
They are creating the Bill Dance Signature Lakes.
TWRA and the state will invest $15 Million in improvements at 18 lakes across the state, both above and below the water line.
The lakes include three in our region.
Dance made his name hosting the Bill Dance Fishing Show on TV, always wearing his UT ball cap.
He says he has always tried to entertain, but that education on good fishing practices and conservation, was always the goal behind it.
He hopes the Bill Dance Signature Lakes will continue that legacy.
The foundation will increase stocking, habitat and fisheries management plus improved access at the lakes.
“Bill Dance is a tremendous advocate for our Tennessee rural communities and we are thrilled to partner with him,” said Gov. Lee. “The Bill Dance Signature Lakes highlights the importance of lakeside tourism with premier fishing opportunities and we believe this project is especially important as communities recover from the recent storms.”
The lakes include 9 main reservoirs, including Chickamauga, that will see new courtesy docks, parking fishing piers and more access points.
Smaller lakes will get regular stockings and TWRA management geared towards family fishing.
Dance says “You can bet your favorite lure this project will definitely have a ripple effect for a mighty long time, not only giving the weekend fisherman, but tournament anglers a wonderful fishery as well, thanks to the great state of Tennessee and my friends at TWRA.”
They chose each lake for its ability to be a destination fishing locale.
The Bill Dance Signature Lakes at launch are as follows:
- 1000 Acre Lake, Huntington, TN (Carroll County)
- Brown’s Creek Lake, Natchez Trace (Henderson County)
- Chickamauga Lake, Harrison Bay State Park & Chester Frost Park (Hamilton, Rhea, Meigs, McMinn and Bradley Counties)
- Dale Hollow Lake, North Central TN (Clay, Pickett, Fentress and Overton Counties)
- Douglas Lake, East TN (Jefferson, Sevier and Cocke Counties)
- Fall Creek Falls Lake, Fall Creek Falls State Park (Van Buren County)
- Herb Parsons Lake (Fayette County)
- Kentucky Lake, Paris Landing State Park (Henry, Stewart, Houston, Benton, Decatur, Perry and Humphreys Counties)
- Lake Acorn, Montgomery Bell State Park (Dickson County)
- Lake Woodhaven, Montgomery Bell State Park (Dickson County)
- Norris Lake, Northeast TN (Anderson, Campbell, Claiborne, Grainger and Union Counties)
- Old Hickory Lake, Middle TN (Sumner and Davidson Counties)
- Pickwick Lake, Pickwick Landing State Park (Hardin County)
- Pin Oak Lake, Natchez Trace State Park (Henderson County)
- Reelfoot Lake, Reelfoot Lake State Park (Lake and Obion Counties)
- Tim’s Ford Lake, Tim’s Ford State Park (Franklin and Moore Counties)
- Travis McNatt Lake, Big Hill Pond State Park (McNairy County)
- Watauga Lake, Northeast TN (Johnson and Carter Counties)
The projects will begin in 2022 and should be complete by the fall of 2024.