Let’s Eat! Dish In A Dash
Dish in a Dash: Greek Chicken Bowl
Serves 1 Cooking Time: 10 minutes
This quick meal is filled with flavor, fiber and lean protein. The shining star of this dish is creamy tzatziki sauce perfect for dipping.
– 2 cups spring mix salad
– 1 small red onion
– ½ cup cherry tomatoes
– 1 small cucumber
– 3 ounces Tyson – Simply Roasted Chicken
– 2 tablespoons cucumber dill tzatziki
– 5 pieces Stonefire Naan dippers
1. Fill medium salad bowl with 2 cups spring mix.
2. Chop red onion, cucumber and tomatoes and place on top greens.
3. Place chicken pieces to a microwave safe plate and cover. Heat in the microwave on HIGH for 45 seconds to 1 minute or until warm.
4. Add chicken to salad bowl with 2 tablespoon tzatziki and five naan dippers.
Dish in a Dash: ShortCuts Veggie and Turkey Chili
Serves: 6 Cooking Time: 20-30 minutes
Filled with fiber and protein, this chili is low in saturated fat, using ground turkey in place of beef and Shortcuts for easy preparation. This chili comes together quickly and is a perfect hearty dish for cool nights.
– 1 package Short Cuts vegetable soup starter mix
– 1 lb Jennie O 93% lean ground turkey
– 2 cans Food Club no salt added diced tomatoes
– 2 cans Food Club red kidney beans
– 1 packet Full Circle Marked reduced sodium chili seasoning
1. In a large pot, heat vegetable oil over medium high heat and add Short Cuts vegetable soup starter mix, cooking until vegetables are tender and onions are transluscent.
2. Add ground and cook through, breaking apart. When cooked, drain the fat from the turkey.
3. Sprinkle the chili seasoning over the cooked turkey and stir until well distributed.
4. Add in diced tomatoes and beans and bring the pot to a simmer. Cover and simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
Dish in a Dash: Vegetable Bacon Frittata
Serves: 4 Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Try breakfast for dinner for a quick week-night meal or fast grab and go lunch. This filling recipe is packed with protein, fiber, vitamins and minerals.
– 1 cup Food Club low-fat cottage cheese
– 6 large eggs
– 1 yellow onion, diced
– 1 red bell pepper, diced
– 5 oz Full Circle Market baby spinach
– 3 slices Applegate turkey bacon
– Pepper, to taste
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Farenheit.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, cottage cheese, pepper and garlic powder.
3. Spray a non-stick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add onion and diced pepper and let cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent. Add spinach to pan and cook until spinach wilts.
4. Meanwhile, place turkey bacon strips on a plate between paper towels and cook according to package instructions until crispy. When bacon has cooled, chop into small pieces.
5. Pour egg mixture into skillet over vegetables and stir slightly to distribute vegetables evenly. Top mixture with bacon pieces and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until eggs are set.
Dish in a Dash: Egg Roll in a Bowl
Serves: 4 Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Craving the delicous flavor of an egg roll? Try this quick meal that serves up lean protein, extra vegetables and swaps in whole grains. A delicous family meal that is ready in a dash.
– 1 lb Jennie O – 93% lean ground turkey
– 1 tbsp Kikkoman sesame oil
– 2 Tbsp Food Club reduced sodium soy sauce
– 1 package Dole classic coleslaw mix
– 2 green onions, thinly sliced
– 1 pack Minute brown rice cups
1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground meat and cook, stirring, until no longer pink. Drain; return meat to skillet.
2. Add sesame oil, soy sauce, and broccoli slaw. Cook for about 5-7 more minutes, or until broccoli slaw is softened Remove skillet from the heat.
3. Stir in green onions and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
4. Microwave both servings of minute brown rice per instructions and serve with ground meat and broccoli slaw mixture.