Mom thanks the first responders who saved her son’s life

CHATTANOOGA (WDEF) – A local mom chose National EMS Week to pay a visit to the first responders who saved her son’s life.

Last month, police, fire and EMS responded when they got a 911 call about 21 year old Kaine Barnell passed out on a garage floor.

When they arrived, they noticed someone was working on the other side of the duplex where Barnell was overcome.

They also saw signs of carbon monoxide poisoning in the victim.

They got him out of the structure and performed CPR.

He has since been recovering from the incident.

On Wednesday, Niveah Rucker mom visited Chattanooga Fire Station 8 to thank the firefighters and EMS workers who saved her son’s life.

The family has seen tragedy before.

Just two years ago, a house fire claimed the life of her 10 year old son, but Kaine escaped that time.

Categories: Chattanooga, Featured, Hamilton County, Local News