Tennessee Hike-a-Thon returns this April
TENNESSEE (WDEF) — TennGreen Land Conservancy is hosting their annual Hike-a-Thon this April. This will feature nine outdoor events to celebrate Earth Month.
TennGreen Land Conservancy said they require attendees to register ahead of time. There are limited spots available, but registration is free.
The nine events are as follows:
- April 1 – Hidden Springs Trail Kick-Off Hike (Lebanon).
- April 14 – Fiery Gizzard Trail Hike (Sequatchie).
- April 15 – Lamar Cedar Glades & Woodlands Wildflower Walk (Mount Juliet).
- April 18 – Birding Hike at Timberland Park (Franklin).
- April 21 – Burgess Falls Paddling Trip (Sparta).
- April 21 – Grassy Cove Hike at Black Mountain (Crossville).
- April 22 – Hike at the Swan Conservation Trust (Summertown).
- April 28 – Beaman Park Hike (Nashville).
- April 29 – Dog Cove and Lost Creek Falls Adventure (Sparta).
Those interested can find more information about these events here.
Additionally, registering for Hike-a-Thon and logging an adventure by 10 a.m. CDT on April 3 will enter you into a prize drawing. The winner will receive a Tennessee State Parks two-night stay and a gift basket.
“Earth Month is the perfect time to get outside and see all the natural beauty Tennessee has to offer,” said Alice Hudson Pell, TennGreen Land Conservancy’s Executive Director. “I hope by connecting others with nature, we can inspire them to protect and care for it. I also hope these adventures will encourage Tennesseans to register for our April Hike-a-Thon!”