Weather Update: Wednesday’s Forecast – June 29th, 2022
Tennessee Valley (WDEF): Very Warm And More Humid, With Increasing Temperatures By The Holiday Weekend!
This Morning: Partly cloudy, dry, and pretty quiet through the morning. Our lows will settle into the upper 60’s to the mid 70’s. A few areas of fog are also popping up.
This Afternoon: Partly sunny to partly cloudy, very warm, and more humid for Wednesday. A stray late-day shower or a brief storm is remotely possible with highs back in the upper 80s, only slightly below our seasonal high of 90.
Tonight: Some leftover clouds and muggy again for Wednesday night with lows closer to 70.
Tomorrow: Clouds & sun mixed again, more humidity, and continued warm, with mid & upper 80’s.
Extended Forecast: More typical Summerlike weather is expected through the upcoming Independence Day holiday weekend. Scattered afternoon and/or evening showers and thunderstorms will likely be popping up each day with highs in the upper 80’s to around 90 and lows between 79-72.
Even though the temperatures will not be as hot, please remember the following tips for avoiding the intense heat and humidity – which WILL be returning!
Try to stay cool and make those preparations to stay safe from the heat! Just a few of those precautions:
1) Wear loose-fitting, light-colored clothing. Avoid dark colors as they attract more heat.
2) Try & limit strenuous outdoor activity to the early morning hours.
3) Take frequent breaks, preferably in shaded areas.
4) Stay properly & thoroughly hydrated. Hydrate well in advance of outdoor exercise or work.
5) Do NOT leave children or pets in your car – not even for a few minutes.
6) Bring your animals inside if possible – if not, make sure they have a proper supply of cool water and shade.
7) Check on your elderly friends and neighbors and help them avoid heat-related issues as well.
8) If you’re grilling outside or camping, use extra caution on those fires! Our fire danger is very high, and remember: Outdoor fires usually double in size every sixty seconds! Also, when cooking or around a campfire outdoors, please make sure you have a fire extinguisher nearby.
Normal lows and highs are 70° and 90°.
Make sure you & your family stay in touch with us. Remember the Storm Team 12 app can always bring you the latest weather alerts for your location as well as Titan Radar. Download it for free from your app store – just search “WDEF Weather”.