Deep fryer fire leaves two people homeless

Chattanooga, TN (WDEF) – A fire that started from a deep fryer leaves two people homeless Friday night.

It happened around 5:30 p.m. on Swan Road.

Chattanooga Firefighters say the residents were cooking fish in a deep fryer on the back deck.

Officials say the wind blew flames from the fryer onto the wall of the house.

The flames then spread up to the attic.

No injuries were reported.

The estimated dollar loss is $30,000.

The American Red Cross were called in to provide assistance to the two residents displaced.

Categories: Chattanooga, Local News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *