Dodds Avenue business fire started by welder’s torch

CHATTANOOGA (WDEF) – A roof collapsed on firefighters today as they were battling a blaze in a commercial structure in South Chattanooga.

The fire broke out around noon in a building at 4605 Dodds Avenue in the Cedar Hill neighborhood.

An interior roof collapsed as firefighters were inside, but none of them were hurt.

Fire officials believe it started from a spark from a welder working inside.

They say the building suffered significant damage.

Categories: Local News