Family of 10 displaced from Chattanooga house fire

CFD officials say all residents were safe and accounted for

CHATTANOOGA (WDEF) — The Chattanooga Fire Department responded to a residential fire located off the 5000 block of Swan Road in Chattanooga late last night.

The fire has displaced one adult and nine children.

Fortunately, CFD officials say all residents of the home were safe and accounted for.

Lindsey Rogers of the department says the fire “caused significant damage to the kitchen area, as well as smoke and water damage to the rest of the home.”

Fire officials believe the fire started due to “an electrical issue connected to the freezer.”

Those displaced are being assisted by the American Red Cross.

Categories: Chattanooga, Featured, Local News