Fire displaces family on Nautical Way Drive

CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (WDEF) – Fire broke out in a Chattanooga home Friday afternoon.

Chattanooga Fire Department Captain William Jackson said the department received the alarm just after 4:00 p.m.

The 20-year-old man who was at home at the time of the fire said he recently removed clothes from his dryer and went to another part of the home.

Captain Jackson reports that when the resident returned a short time later, he noticed smoke coming from the room with the room with the dryer.

He was met with heavy smoke and flames.

After several attempts to extinguish the fire, he then exited the residence and had neighbors to dial 911.

The Incident Commander on the scene said the firefighters made a quick, interior attack and got the fire under control in just over 10 minutes.

No injuries were reported.

The dollar loss was estimated at $60,000.

Categories: Chattanooga, Hamilton County, Local News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *