Firefighters say a smoke alarm saved a family of five Thursday morning

CHATTANOOGA (WDEF) – A fire early Thursday morning jeopardized a family of five in Orchard Knob.

The fire broke out around 1:30 AM in the 800 block of North Orchard Knob Avenue.

Family members say they were awakened by their smoke alarm and got out of the house.

But one family member was treated for smoke inhalation and released from the hospital.

The fire was contained to the bedroom where it started.

Luckily, the elderly resident who sleeps in the room was away for the night.

* Photo by Battalion Chief Chris Warren

Categories: Chattanooga, Local News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *