Food City buying Cleveland grocery stores
ABINGDON, Virginia (WDEF) – The Food City company is buying out a grocery business in Cleveland.
They are buying the Cooke’s family of stores, which include five Fresh n’ Low locations plus a Cooke’s Food Store & Pharmacy.
Cooke’s was founded in 1936 and passed down through 4 generations of the family.
Dan Cooke said, “On behalf of the entire family, we thank the Cleveland community, our customers, and our employees for your loyalty and support. It has been a privilege to serve you for the past 86 years. We are grateful that our employees will have the opportunity to continue our commitment to the community.”
Food City CEO Steven C. Smith promises “We plan to make some large investments in the greater Cleveland area to ensure the future success of our new teammates.”
They will keep the Cooke’s/Fresh n’ Low name and operate them in a similar fashion for the immediate future.
Cooke’s Food Store/Fresh n’ Low Locations
· Fresh n’ Low, 3870 Candies Creek Lane NW, Cleveland, TN
· Fresh n’ Low, 2010 Broomfield Road SE, Cleveland, TN
· Fresh n’ Low, 99 Highway 286, Eton, GA
· Fresh n’ Low, 101 State Highway 58 South, Georgetown, TN
· Fresh n’ Low, 116 Whitewater Drive, Ocoee, TN
· Cooke’s Food Store & Pharmacy, 3400 Keith Street NW, Cleveland, TN
Food City operates 140 groceries in 5 southeastern states.