Food City, McDonald’s and Pilot looking for thousands of workers
CHATTANOOGA (WDEF) – As Chattanooga area restaurants struggle to find workers, three regional chains are hoping to hire thousands of employees for the coming months.
FOOD CITY HIRING EVENT
Wed., April 28
All Food City stores
10 AM-7 PM
Food City is holding a company-wide hiring event for full-time and part-time jobs.
Their target is 2,000 workers, including eat cutters, cake decorators, warehouse and management.
You can apply online or in person at the event.
MCDONALD’S HIRING EVENT
McDonald’s is looking to hire 1,224 people this summer in the Chattanooga area.
“Our crew members are the people who make our McDonald’s restaurants shine,” said Kerry Hoyle, local McDonald’s owner/operator. “We have positions for all ages, from high school students looking for an after-school job to an adult looking for their next career.”
Next week, you can apply in person and get an instant-interview.
PILOT VIRTUAL HIRING DAY
Tuesday, April 27
Pilot travel centers are hoping to fill more than 5,000 positions at their National Hiring Day from the headquarters, to drivers to their stores.
“Through all of the uncertainty of the past year, we’ve remained open and continued to grow our business and our people,” said Paul Shore, chief people officer of Pilot Company. “We are thrilled to be adding to our team and even though our National Hiring Day event is April 27, we are hiring now.”
To schedule a virtual interview time and learn about Pilot Company’s available positions, interested candidates should visit https://jobs.pilotflyingj.com/national-hiring-day.
Open positions include:
- Hourly positions: Store team member opportunities include cashiers, food services, facility services and other positions at Pilot Flying J and other travel center locations across the U.S. and Canada. These team members provide our guests with fast and friendly service while maintaining inventory and store appearance.
- Leadership positions: The company’s retail leadership positions oversee high-volume retail facilities and offer competitive pay with excellent benefits. Travel center general managers and service leaders are crucial to achieving business objectives and to ensuring a great experience for team members and guests.
- Professional drivers: Pilot Company’s fuel transport, DEF and crude oil transport drivers are home more often and proud of the work they do. The company is hiring more than 300 professional drivers for company and independent contractor positions across the country, including:
- More than 100 crude oil company and independent contract drivers in Texas
- 40 clean/fuel company drivers in Phoenix
- 18 crude oil company and independent contract drivers in Carrollton, Ohio
- 11 crude oil company drivers in North Salt Lake, Utah
- Additional driver positions in Indiana, Kentucky, Washington and Oregon
- Corporate support center: At its headquarters in Knoxville, Tennessee, and at offices located in Houston, Dallas and Denver, Pilot Company seeks 100 dedicated and talented team members in a number of departments, including technology, supply and distribution, inside sales, human resources and finance.