Health Dept. will begin Moderna vaccinations Wednesday
CHATTANOOGA (WDEF) – The Hamilton County Health Department got their first batch of Moderna Covid-19 vaccines on Tuesday.
They got 1,500 doses today and expect more tomorrow.
They will begin giving the vaccines to on Wednesday in the following categories:
- Hospital Staff (Hospitals have already begun vaccinating their staff.)
- First Responders
- Staff working COVID-19 mass testing sites
- Home Health Care Staff
- Providers of Student Health Services (K-12 & Universities)
- Staff & Residents of Long Term Care Facilities
- Staff & Residents of Intellectually or Developmentally Disabled Facilities, Detention Centers, Department of Children’s Services, Rehabilitation & Psychiatric Hospitals
The will give the shots at a clinic at the Tennessee Riverpark Hubert Fry Center, 4301 Amnicola Highway, Wednesday December 23rd & Saturday-Tuesday December 26-29th from 9AM-5PM.
So the Riverwalk will be closed from the boat ramp to the pedestrian bridge during the clinic hours.
The Health Department will also send teams to care facilities to give out vaccines to those who cannot come in for them.
“We are excited to receive this first shipment of COVID-19 vaccines and begin administering them tomorrow morning,” says Health Department Administrator Becky Barnes. “Health Department staff look forward to serving the community through this historic effort.”