UPDATE: Police pursuit involving U-Haul ends on I-75
UPDATE: OOLTEWAH, Tenn. (WDEF)- The suspect involved in the pursuit of a U-Haul truck on Sunday Evening has been identified as 45-year-old David Madison Jolley.
Officer Matthew Frantom was sent to a Signal Mountain Boulevard Walmart parking lot Sunday evening on a report of an intoxicated person.
He says he saw Jolly sniffing from a can of duster as he was sitting in a U-haul truck.
He ordered Jolly out of the vehicle with no result.
Then Officer Frantom says as he walked around in front of the truck, Jolly fired it up and drove at him.
He jumped into his squad car to get away.
The officer says Jolley drove at him two more times and hit another vehicle before running.
He led police on a 20 minute, slow speed chase that ended on I 75 between Volkswagen Drive and Lee Highway.
Jolley faces the following charges:
- Reckless endangerment
- Evading arrest
- Failure to yield to emergency vehicle
- Failure to render aid
- Leaving the scene of accident with damage to vehicle
- Reckless driving
- Driving under the influence
- Driving on a revoked, suspended or cancelled license
- Failure to exercise due care
- Attempted first degree murder
- Two counts of aggravated assault