Resident loses cats in morning condo fire on Ashland Terrace

CHATTANOOGA (WDEF) – A fire at a Chattanooga condo this morning cost the resident her cats.

Firefighters were called to the unit at 949 Ashland Terrace next to St. Jude’s.

They couldn’t see anything to begin with, but when they opened the back door, black smoke poured out.

The firefighters quickly got it under control.

But they could not save one of the cats living in the home.

Another ran away.

The woman who lives there told firefighters she left a kettle on the hotplate.

And when she returned, the entire stove area was on fire.

*** photo from Bruce Garner/Chattanooga Fire Dept.

Categories: Chattanooga, Local News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *