Residents Jump To Escape Duplex Fire
Chattanooga, TN (WDEF) – Residents jumped to escape a fire at duplex early Thursday morning. Firefighters responded to a fire in the 3400 block of Hughes Avenue around 5:20 AM. Two residents had already jumped from the second floor of the building when fire crews arrived. Firefighters rescued another resident on a second story ledge with a ladder.
Firefighters found the fire in the kitchen where food had been left on the stove, causing the blaze.
The American Red Cross was contacted to assist seven displaced residents. There were no injuries.