Shooting- 700 East 48th Street
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee (WDEF)-On May 12, 2022 at approximately 9:35 p.m., Chattanooga Police responded to the 700 block of East 48th Street on a report of a person shot. The following are the preliminary facts of the investigation:
- Upon arrival, Officers located a potential crime scene but did not locate a victim.
- A short time later Officers were advised by dispatch that a female party had arrived at local hospital by private vehicle with a gunshot wound.
- Officers responded to the hospital and confirmed a female party was there suffering from a non life threatening gunshot wound. They also confirmed the location of incident to be E 48th Street and subsequently secured that scene.
- Investigators with the Violent Crimes Unit responded to conduct an investigation.
- Investigators learned that the victim was in an argument with another party when that party produced a firearm and shot at the victim, striking her.
- The case remains under investigation at this time.
- Chattanooga Police ask anyone with information regarding this incident to call 423-698-2525or submit a tip via the Atlas One App (previously the CPD Mobile App). You can remain anonymous.