Six people displaced in Dorris Street home fire
Chattanooga firefighters were busy Thursday morning battling a house fire in the Alton Park community.
It happened at around 10:45 in the 3700 block of Dorris Street.
Firefighters say they say heavy smoke from several blocks away, and arrived on scene to find flames coming from the back of the house.
They aggressively attached the fire, and were able to bring it under control within about 20 minutes.
Firefighters say the fire started as a result of a malfunctioning dryer.
Three adults and three children have been displaced by the fire.
Thankfully, nobody was hurt.