Smoking while on oxygen causes early morning fire
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (WDEF)- The Chattanooga fire department says that two disabled occupants barely escaped a fire early this morning.
The fire happened on West 51st Street around midnight.
The fire department says that the fire was caused by one occupant smoking in the bed while on oxygen.
The oxygen bottles fed the fire and firefighters were on the scene for hours and had to return after the fire re-ignited.
Fully engulfed on arrival pic.twitter.com/BLKydwYTYY
— Chattanooga Fire Department (@ChattFireDept) September 4, 2021