Space heater causes afternoon fire in Chattanooga

CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (WDEF) – A portable space heater placed too close to a wall causes an afternoon fire in Chattanooga.

Firefighters got the call of the house fire around 4 p.m. at a home at 2006 Laura Street.

Firefighters found the blaze in a bedroom and attic, and attacked it with hand held hose lines.

The damage is estimated at $10,000 dollars.

Investigators say the space heater heated up a wall, and the wall burst into flames.

No one was injured.

(Photo courtesy: Battalion Chief Don Bowman)

Categories: Chattanooga, Local News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *