Woman taken to hospital after Rustic Village stove fire

Rustic Village Stove

from Chatt. Fire Dept.

CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (WDEF) – A resident at the Rustic Village Apartments was taken to the hospital Friday morning with possible smoke inhalation from a stove fire.

She says she accidentally left food on the stove around 9 a.m.

Both the woman and children in the apartment successfully evacuated before fire crews arrived.

The building was evacuated as well.

Firefighters quickly got the kitchen fire under control.

But the woman was transported to the hospital for observation of possible smoke inhalation.

Categories: Featured, Local News