3rd Avenue house fire displaces family

Chattanooga, TN (WDEF) – A family of three is now displaced after their house caught on fire Thursday afternoon.

Chattanooga firefighters responded to the call at 4214 3rd Avenue shortly after 1 p.m.

Lt. Chris Blazek says that smoke was coming from the house when the firefighters first arrived on the scene.

Firefighters had to force their way in through the back door and found the fire in the basement.

The fire damage was contained to the basement and two bedrooms.

The owner of the property told firefighters that the house is being rented to a mother and her two adult children.

No one was home at the time of the fire.

Fire officials determined the cause was accidental, most likely from an electrical malfunction.

Damage is estimated at $26,000. 

Categories: Chattanooga, Local News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *