Barn destroyed in unattended garbage fire Saturday afternoon

Sale Creek, Tenn. (WDEF) — Around 3:40pm Saturday afternoon, fire fighters with the Sale Creek Volunteer Fire Department were called to Coleman Cemetery Road for a structure fire.

Officials say firefighters were able to contain the fire to the barn and did not allow it to spread to a nearby camper.

Fire officials say the homeowner was burning garbage, and briefly went inside leaving the fire unattended. Fire officials say a family member quickly noticed the barn on fire.

Deputy Chief, J.P. Ray, Sale Creek VFD.

(Deputy Chief, J.P. Ray, Sale Creek VFD)

According to officials, the barn stored tools and farm equipment but is a total loss.

No injuries were reported.


**Photos: Deputy Chief, J.P. Ray, Sale Creek VFD.

Categories: Chattanooga, Hamilton County, Local News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *