Bond set at $400k for man charged with assault and kidnapping in Hixson

HIXSON, Tennessee(WDEF)- What started as a visit to the home of an ex-wife turned into an alleged attack that has now landed a man in jail on a $400,000 bond.

Jason Moore, 35, of Tellico Plains Tennessee was taken into custody Tuesday night for an incident that occurred at the beginning of the month.

Moor has been charged with aggravated assault, kidnapping, reckless endangerment and vandalism.

According to an arrest affidavit obtained by News 12, Moore arrived at his ex-wife’s house in Hixson to visit. After several hours of visiting, Moore’s ex-wife told him she needed to go to bed and asked him to leave.

According to the affidavit, Moore refused to leave and became verbally hostile. When the woman threatened to call police, she said Moore assaulted her by throwing her to the floor and punching her in the head, chest and arms. Her cell phone was thrown to the floor and shattered so she couldn’t call police.

The assault caused the couple’s 8-month old child to cry so the woman picked her up and attempted to escape the home but she said  Moore blocked the doorway and said “you are not going anywhere!” After Moore made that alleged statement, he reportedly grabbed her by the mouth and neck to prevent her from breathing. At one point, the woman reportedly fell to the floor. She said she slightly landed on the child.

The woman told police she managed to grab Moore’s cell phone then ran to a bedroom she locked herself inside. Moore reportedly forced himself into the room then took the phone and ripped out the landline phone while she hid in a connecting bathroom.

The woman hid in the bathroom for several hours before realizing Moore had left the house.

According to police, Moore’s ex-wife suffered injuries all over her body.

Jason moore2Hamilton court records show that Moore was already awaiting a March 8th court for a December 7th arrest for aggravated assault, theft and vandalism charges. Alleged  property  stolen in that case was valued at more than $10,000.

Five years ago he was charged with criminal conspiracy, vandalism and theft but the charges were later dropped.


Categories: Crime, Local News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *