Chattanooga Firefighters rescue woman from burning home

CFD says fire was caused by lit candle, resident experienced no injuries

CHATTANOOGA (WDEF) — Chattanooga Firefighters rescued a woman from her burning home at the 18-hundred block of East Fourth Street Sunday morning.

The woman was trapped in her bathroom after a burning candle in her bedroom accidentally caught her nightgown on fire.

As she tried putting out that fire, the candle fell over, quickly igniting the bedroom.

Firefighters were able to use their ladders to get the woman out of the house as they extinguished the flames.

Firefighter Michael Clancy called the operation a true “team effort.”

“I’m fortunate to work for a crew that takes training very seriously, takes the job very seriously so that when times like these
do occur, we know exactly what to do — just rely on instinct,” Clancy said.

Clancy said the rescued woman was “checked out by EMS immediately” after she was rescued.

CFD said that there were, fortunately, no injuries to the resident, but there was one pet fatality.

Categories: Chattanooga, Featured, Hamilton County, Local News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *