Chattanooga State helping displaced Virginia College students

CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (WDEF) — After hearing news of Virginia College’s abrupt closure, Chattanooga State is reaching out to help the displaced students.

Chatt State is working with students to help ease the transition from one college to another.

Administrators say every case is different, but they urge Virginia College students to reach out to see what credits will transfer to Chattanooga State.

Students could be eligible for a Pell Grant or Tennessee Promise to pay for the rest of their education.

“We’re going to do everything we can to give them the information they need about the programs, all of the majors, the financial aid opportunities and scholarships that may be available to them,” said Marsha Barker Director of Adult Services. “I think just saying that we can guide them through this process because I know they’re probably very frightened right now.”

If you’re a Virginia College student, reach out to Chattanooga State’s Student Support Department for more information.

Categories: Local News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *