Cigarette Butts To Blame For Morning House Fire

Chattanooga, TN (WDEF) Chattanooga Firefighters say cigarette butts are to blame for a Friday morning house fire on Wheeler Avenue.

They found the fire on the front porch, but the flames were getting into the house through the front window.

They got the flames under control and saved most of the house.

No one was injured.

Damage is estimated at $20,000.

It’s been ruled accidental.

Officials say the resident dumped cigarette butts into a garbage can on the front porch which started the fire.

Categories: Hamilton County, Local News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *