Clarifications for the City Council District 8 Runoff Election
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (WDEF)- The Hamilton Election Commission wants to clear up some confusion for the upcoming Chattanooga City Council District 8 runoff election between current Councilwoman Marvene Noel and challenger Marie Mott.
The main message they want to get across is that even if your precinct you are assigned to is open for this election, you can only vote in the District 8 runoff election if you live inside of District 8. Here are the voting precincts that will be open on Election Day, September 15 from 8 AM to 7 PM.
- Alton Park- Bethlehem Center, 200 W. 38th Street
- Avondale- Avondale Community Center, 1305 Dodson Avenue
- Bushtown- Carver Community Center, 600 N Orchard Knob Avenue
- Courthouse- Olivet Baptist Church (Kingdom Center), 730 E. MLK Boulevard
- Downtown- Dogwood Manor Community Room- 959 Gateway Avenue
- East Chattanooga- East Chattanooga Community Center- 2409 Dodson Avenue
- East Lake- East Lake Senior Center, 3208 E. 15th Avenue
- Eastside/Ridgeside- Clear Story Arts (Gallery Room), 1673 S. Holtzclaw Avenue
Only voters who live inside of portions of these precincts can vote in this election. This means some precincts have relatively few voters eligible, as one example the Commission gave is the Alton Park precinct where they estimate roughly 125 voters are eligible to vote in this election.
The Election Commission advises voters who have received a registration card after March 19, 2022 to check if District 8 is printed on their cards before going to the polls to vote. You can also check if you are eligible to vote on the Election Commission’s website at https://hcvoter.hamiltontn.gov/voterrequest/voterinfoRequest.aspx. You can also call their offices at 423-209-8683 (VOTE) between 8 AM-4 PM on weekdays.
You can also check an interactive map to see your address on a map with the council district outlines at https://gismaps.hamiltontn.gov/Html5Viewer/Index.html?configBase=https://gismaps.hamiltontn.gov/Geocortex/Essentials/REST/sites/ElectComm/viewers/GIS_HTML5/virtualdirectory/Resources/Config/Default.