Commercial building fire on Dodds Avenue

Chattanooga firefighters were busy Monday with a commercial building fire on Dodds Avenue.

It happened in the 4600 block of Dodds Avenue right around noon.

Firefighters arrived on scene to find smoke and flames coming from the building.

They were able to put the majority of the fire out within a matter of minutes, but had to spend more time making sure the rest of the fire in harder-to-reach spots was put out.

At one point, the building’s interior roof collapsed while firefighters were still inside.

Thankfully, nobody was hurt.

Officials say the fire appears to have been caused by a spark from a welder working inside the building.

Categories: Chattanooga, Local News