Full list of road closures for Dalton Red Carpet Half Marathon
DALTON, Ga. (WDEF) – The Dalton Red Carpet Half Marathon will return to the streets of Dalton on October 22nd. The half marathon, 5K, and 2K races will require several roads to be closed in the morning hours. Dalton Police personnel will be on hand to help direct traffic around the race route, but motorists should plan alternate routes.
Roads and lanes around the course will be closed beginning at approximately 7:45 am and they will remain closed until the last runner is past which could be after noon.
Roads affected by the Dalton Red Carpet Half Marathon races will include:
• King Street – closed but voters will need to park at the parking deck
• Selvidge Street – closed from the entrance to BB&T to Crawford Street until 1:00 PM
• Pentz Street – closed from King Street to Crawford Street all day. Closed from Emery Street to Morris Street during the 2k.
• Hamilton Street – closed from Hawthorne Street to Franklin Street (until last runner of 5k passes, then closed at Emery Street on the south end)
• W. Franklin Street – closed until the last 5k runner exits onto Thornton Avenue.
• S. Thornton Avenue – outside southbound lane closed from Walnut Avenue to Waugh Street
• Waugh Street – outside eastbound lane closed from Jones Street to Thornton Avenue.
• Jones Street – closed from Waugh Street to Crawford Street
• Crawford Street – closed from Cappes Street to Valley Drive
• Ridge Street – Closed from Murray Hill to Crawford Street
• Lewell Street – entrances to the east side of the cemetery at Cuyler Street and Gen Thomas Drive closed during the half-marathon
• Emery Street – Closed at Tibbs Road and closed from Lewell Street to Thornton Avenue during the 5K and half marathon. Westbound lane closed from Hamilton Street to Pentz Street for 2K.
• Miller Street – Closed from Franklin Street to Emery Street
• Valley Drive – closed from Franklin Avenue to Crawford Street
• Cuyler Street – closed between Thornton Avenue and Valley Drive
• W. Walnut Aveune – outside, westbound lane closed from Thornton Avenue to Tibbs Road
• Tibbs Road – closed between Walnut Avenue and Shugart Road
• Maple Way/Ella Ln – closed
• Woodvalley Drive / Woodvalley Court – closed
• Shugart Road – outside northbound lane closed
• Chattanooga Road – outside eastbound lane closed from Shugart Road to Old Chattanooga Road
• Old Chattanooga Road – closed until the last half marathon runner is clear
• N. Thornton Avenue – partial southbound lane closed (6 feet from curb) from Old Chattanooga Road to Trammel Street
• N. Thornton Avenue – southbound lane closed from Trammel Street to Hawthorne Street
• Hamilton Street – access lane beside the Waugh Street Bridge closed
• Morris Street – closed from Thornton Avenue to Hamilton Street
Learn more information about the Dalton Red Carpet Half Marathon.