Dryer catches fire in Hixson home

HIXSON, Tenn. (WDEF) — A dryer caught fire at a home in Hixson, Tennessee Monday afternoon. The house was evacuated, and no one was injured.

The Dallas Bay Volunteer Fire Department said the fire occurred shortly after 4 p.m. on Monday. The homeowner called 911 to report their dryer was on fire in the laundry room.

Dallas Bay VFD said they found light smoke coming from the home.

They said they entered the home and extinguished the fire.

The fire department reported only a small amount of smoke damage to the home.


Categories: Featured, Hamilton County, Local News