Family recovering after house explosion
CEDAR HILL, Tenn. (AP) – Law enforcement officials say a Robertson County home exploded after a woman attempted to light a water heater.
According to the Robertson County Sherriff’s office, the explosion occurred Friday after 34-year-old Brittany Elliott turned on the gas in her Cedar Hill home and then went to light the water heater.
Elliott told police she does not have a sense of smell and so she was unable to smell a gas leak.
Two children ages 6 and 4 were upstairs at the time of the explosion. All three were transported to a hospital and are in stable condition.
Officials say they are ruling the explosion as an accident.
(Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)