Fatal LaFayette House Fire Ruled Accidental

(WDEF) Investigators rule a fatal house fire Thursday morning in Walker County was accidental.
     It happened in LaFayette on Round Pond Road just before 9:00am.
     60-year-old Peter Whittenberger was killed.
     The Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioners’ office says the fire started in the living room because of a malfunctioning wood burning stove.
     No evidence of a working smoke alarm was found in the home.
     Thursday morning’s fatality brings this year’s fire death total to 87 in Georgia.
Categories: Local News, Walker County

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *