Faulty electrical equipment linked to Chateau Royale Apartment fire

CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (WDEF)- The Chattanooga Fire Department says they responded to a reported fire around 2:30 Sunday afternoon at an apartment complex.

It happened at the Chateau Royale Apartments on South Germantown Road.

Firefighters say when they arrived they found that an electrical fire had been extinguished by a next door neighbor.

No one was injured. They say it was caused by faulty electrical equipment. One adult and a child were displaced due to the fire.

Firefighters shutoff the electricity to the apartment and began checking for fire extension.

The American Red Cross is assisting the family.  The property loss is estimated at $1,500.

Categories: Chattanooga, Local News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *